What items will be accepted at the collection event?
Up to ten residential electronic items will be accepted per reservation, including:
- Televisions & monitors without broken glass (Limit of 3 with payment of $10/each submitted at time of registration)
- Computers, laptops, printers & peripherals
- Control boxes, receivers, consoles & controls for games, satellites, cable TV boxes, media players & recorders, etc.
- Phones, tablets & accessories
- Cables & rechargeable batteries
How should I load my vehicle for the collection?
Items to be dropped-off should be placed loose in the vehicle without packaging, boxes or containers.
Will the event be altered in the event of inclement weather?
The threat or presence of inclement weather, such as persistent rain, lightning or high winds, may cause the event to be delayed, temporarily suspended or cancelled. Please check for updates on local media or Macon County Environmental Management’s Twitter feed and Facebook page, which can both be accessed on www.MaconGreen.com.
Can I change or cancel my appointment time or selection of number of TVs/monitors?
Appointments may be revised or cancelled by calling 217-425-4505 during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Please review the cancellation/refund policy below.
What is your cancellation/refund policy?
Refunds will be issued to registrants in each of the following circumstances:
1) If a collection event is cancelled and the registrant does wish to reschedule for a future collection in the same fiscal year;
2) The registrant cancels and then makes a second payment (of equal or greater value) when registering for a new appointment;
3) The registrant cancels at least three days prior to the close of registration.
Please allow 2-3 weeks for refunds.
Is proof of reservation required for admittance?
The event greeter will ask to see your confirmation of registration, such as a print-out of your confirmation email, a screen view of your confirmation email on your mobile device or your confirmation postcard.
Where can I recycle electronics besides the collection?
With the exception of TVs and CRT monitors, most consumer electronic devices may be dropped off on a daily basis, free of charge, for recycling at participating retailers. Click here, for more information about recycling programs with local retailers.