Date(s) - 04/22/2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Rock Springs Nature Center
Celebrate Earth Day and welcome spring with an afternoon of outdoor family activities at Rock Springs Conservation Area.
Enjoy wagon rides, canoeing, crafts, and learn what other organizations are doing in our community to benefit the planet.
Co-sponsored by Decatur Audubon Society.
Canoeing $2/person. All other activities are free. No registration required.
- Join an Audubon guide for an 8am trail walk in search of unique birds migrating through Macon County this spring.
- Witness bird banding and see wild song birds up close from 8-10am.
- Make a difference by clearing trash during the Sangamon River Cleanup from 10am-12pm.
- Meet live birds from the Illinois Raptor Center.
- Visit baby farm animals and tour historic Homestead Prairie Farm.
- Exchange plants for your yard and find answers to your gardening questions from local experts such as the Master Gardeners and Decatur is Growing Gardeners (DIGG).
- Meet local organizations such as the Decatur Audubon Society, Master Naturalists, and the Macon County Soil and Water Conservation District to see what projects they’re working on and find out how you can make a difference in your community.
- Earn free prizes through Tickets to Treasures: Children under the age of 12 will be awarded a free prize for visiting designated activity stops.
The Festival of Spring is an annual event at Rock Springs Conservation Area co-sponsored by Decatur Audubon Society and Macon County Conservation District. Join the us every year, rain or shine, for the Festival of Spring!