Date(s) - 07/20/2017
Collection of Residential Electronics:
Must Register to Attend!
Consumer electronic items may be dropped off for recycling by residents who register for a confirmed appointment and pre-pay $10.00 for each TV/monitor to be collected. Except for TVs/monitors, other accepted items may be dropped off free of charge by those with a confirmed appointment.
This small-scale collection is by appointment only on Thursday, July 20, 2017 at the Macon County Environmental Management Recycling Center at 1750 N. 21st St., Decatur. The Recycling Center is located south of Garfield Ave. and north of Division St. on the east side of 21st St. at the north end of the building with burgundy awnings. Click here for a map.
Up to 10 residential electronic items will be accepted per confirmed registrant, including:
- Televisions & monitors without broken glass (Limit of 3 with pre-payment of $10 each, submitted at time of registration)
- Computers, laptops, printers & peripherals
- Control boxes, receivers, consoles & controls for games, satellite & cable TV boxes, media players & recorders, etc.
- Phones, tablets & accessories
- Cables & rechargeable batteries
Staff will be available to help unload but those bringing large TVs are encouraged to bring extra help for unloading. In order to expedite unloading during the event, items to be dropped-off should be placed loose in the vehicle without packaging, boxes or containers.
Questions may be directed to the Macon County Environmental Management Department by calling 217-425-4505.
Every day options are available for recycling electronics except for TVs and CRT monitors, see the Electronics heading in the Guide to Recycling & Safe Disposal by clicking here.