Curbside Pick-up of Landscape Waste
Curbside services vary by individual waste haulers, municipal contracts and seasonal schedules. Check with your waste hauler or municipality for details in your area. City of Decatur residents may visit the City’s recycling website or contact the City’s Neighborhood Services Department at 217-424-2784 for further details.
For curbside collection of landscape waste, the following guidelines are recommended.
- Remove litter from the landscape waste.
- Place landscape materials in paper bags or, if allowed by your hauler, dedicated containers.
- Fill bags to a weight of no more than 35 pounds.
- Tie limbs and branches in bundles of less than 48 inches in length (if accepted by hauler).
- Place containers, paper bags and bundles within 3 feet of the curb prior to 6:00 a.m. of collection day.